Shea butter (commonly known as Karité) has been considered an invaluable skin care product for centuries. It’s versatility and natural richness allows for the most beautiful skin known to man. Evidence shows there are findings of shea butter nuts, dates to the 14th century. However, historians have stated, during ancient Egypt it was known that Queen Cleopatra always maintained her exquisite appearance with shea butter. And for good reason – it has a ton of benefits that you’ll love. Let’s take a deep dive on the origin of shea butter.
Shea butter comes from the nuts of karité trees that grow in the Sahel region extending from West to East Africa. It is also known as “women’s gold” across the continent, due to its deep ivory hue and primary employment opportunities for millions of women. In traditional methods, women, harvest karité fruits. They then crush the nuts inside to extract the precious butter, which is boiled, cleaned, packaged, and sold at the local markets or exported. The top shea nut producing countries are Nigeria, Mali, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Benin, and Togo.
Now let’s look at 10 of the top benefits of using shea butter!
- Maximize moisturization providing relief to itching, which is perfect for dry or sensitive skin.
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties in to help heal and protect the skin from wounds, scars, redness, and scalp irritation.
- Contains vitamin A and E with essential fatty acids which add moisture and shine to your hair.
- Effective in treating eczema, psoriasis, and other skin conditions.
- Protects the skin from sun damage and prevents premature aging.
- A natural moisturizer, so it will not clog your pores.
- Gentle, soft, and safe for even the most sensitive skin types.
- Reduces stretch marks!
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines, giving you a more youthful appearance.
- Affordable and lasts a long time, making it a great value for your money.
These are just a few ideal benefits of our beloved shea butter! So, add a little more shea to your skin care regime to produce long lasting beautiful skin!
Share the above with many other friends and family so we can continue to spread the word!